Work Permit Information
School Requirements for Applying for a Student Work Permit
- You must be 15 years old to apply for a work permit
- Student cannot have any truancy reports.
- Student cannot have excessive tardies.
- Student must have a 2.0 GPA or better each quarter.
If you do not meet these requirements please see your administrator to see if you may be eligible for a work permit contract and a temporary work permit.
If you fall below these requirements after you receive your work permit one of the following may happen:
- Be placed on a work permit contract if you are close to meeting the requirements.
- Provide weekly progress reports to the attendance office.
- Have your work permit revoked.
You will need to provide the following information to obtain for a work permit:
- Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for Work Permit - Must be completed by employer, parent, and student. (A PDF of this form is available if you click the blue text. It can also be found to the right.)
- Verification of minor's Social Security Number is required. - Social Security Card, copy of Social Security Card, or a copy of a receipt showing application for a Social Security Card are acceptable.
- Verification of student's birth date is required. - A copy of the birth certificate, driver's license, passport, military or California ID are acceptable.
Bring the above documents to the Main Office so your work permit can be processed. Do not come during class time, your application will not be accepted.
Work permits must be turned in by Thursday , and will only be available to be picked up Friday after school in Dr McCain's Office